– It’s my birthday today, and the first Happy Birthday sms I receive is from Bancaja – my bank in Spain.
– The American founder and owner of the TEFL school I am going to speaks 5 languages fluently and is writing a book on Sai Baba.
– I heard this horrible story of a Japanese student being killed abroad because of language miscommunication. The 16 year old boy dressed for Halloween turned up at the wrong house and was shot by the owner for not understanding what was meant by ‘freeze’. After this incident, Harvard made all their international students do a course in American slang – one of the teachers of this course is in my class.
– I met a 91-year old grandmother on the tube who told me all about her husband who had many lovers. She thinks (hopes rather) it is what killed him 20 years ago.
– I had a tuna, walnut and wine sandwich for lunch. Ugh.
– I went to the ham museum (more on that later).
Living abroad is great.
¡Qué simpática Bancaja!
Los amantes tienen mala prensa, sobre todo entre los cornudos.
Happy Birthday, B’day Girl.
I for sure envy you.
i love this post! =)
madrid aleady seems more happening than dubai will ever be…
Buena frase, soltero con hijos…
Happy Birthday Abha … believe it or not, i had Hammour with walnut sauce last night… It tasted/smelled like something out of a can of cat food!
Happy Belated Birthday
hi Abha sorry i could not talk to you because u left for spain But we sent sms to you on kishores mobile. we missed you on that day very much & also missed the happeningsalong with you during our stay at Saurabh’s place. Now i will be reading this regularly.best luck & luv u a lot. Take care ,